For students who are taking part in Realising Opportunities (RO):
- All partner universities will give additional consideration to an application to them through UCAS*
- Many partner universities will potentially give an alternative Realising Opportunities offer worth up to two A level grades*
* Valid only on successful completion of RO.
The RO Recognition Guide for students provides more information on the additional consideration and recognition given by RO Partner Universities to RO students when they apply through UCAS. You can find this guide on the student Resources page.
While completing Realising Opportunities, students will:
- Increase their knowledge about research intensive universities and what they can offer students.
- Have increased access to, and support from, all 15 partner universities – all research intensive universities.
- Develop skills in areas such as critical thinking, evaluation, analysis, planning and research through taking the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) or Academic Assignment. Taking one of these elements will also give students valuable research experience.
- Receive support from a dedicated, trained, undergraduate ementor in a secure online environment. Ementors guide students through an interactive support programme allowing students to ask questions, receive information on higher education and UCAS processes, and encouragement with exam and revision techniques. Students also have full access to the Knowledge Bank which is packed full of useful resources!
- Be able to attend a wide range of events and activities at the 15 Realising Opportunities partner universities, with support for travel costs available with prior arrangements. Events include summer schools, subject specific taster days, master classes, open days and more! At these events students can find out more about the the partner university they are visiting and will be able to meet current university students. Students will also attend a launch event and the National Student Conference.
- Students will have access to skills4uni, an online study skills module which will help develop their planning and independent research skills, as well as giving them a realistic look at university-level work.
- Have the opportunity to access careers information and guidance with accessing the professions.