Applying to RO
Applications are currently closed and will reopen in September 2022
Realising Opportunities (RO) provides support during post-16 studies to develop the skills to be successful at university.
RO students benefit from increased information, advice and access to some of the country’s leading research intensive universities. Students accepted on to RO follow a programme which ensures they are better equipped for university life and what research intensive universities can offer.
Steps to apply to RO
If you’d like to apply for a place on the Realising Opportunities programme, you need to:
- Thoroughly read the Recruitment Guide for Students and watch the Applying to RO video (both of which can be found on this page).
- Check our full eligibility criteria.
- If you are eligible to apply, ask the member of staff at your school/college who informed you about the RO programme to give you the Student Application Key and application deadline for your school/college.
- Log on to the RO student hub to enter the Student Application Key and complete your application form.
- Ask your parent/carer to complete the online parent/carer section of the application form which will be sent to their email address once you have submitted your application.
Please note, you will need to know the email address for your parent/carer when filling out your application. If your parent/carer does not have an email address, please contact us. If you live independently then please note, you will need to indicate this on your application and your teacher/advisor will confirm this when they complete their section.
Recruitment Guide 2021 for Students
Please note, applications for this cycle are now closed.
Please read the Recruitment Guide 2021 for Students to find out more about the RO Programme, the benefits of taking part and the elements that students undertake in order to complete the RO Programme.